Residential Carbon Monoxide Fatality

Residential Carbon Monoxide Fatality

Posted on by

The Magical

We were asked to investigate a residential carbon monoxide fatality. The home owner had recently had a boiler installed in his acreage home, and the insurance company believed that the boiler was the source of the problem.

We were able to review the installation of the boiler and compare it to CSA code  CAN/CSA–B149.1-05. We found that the boiler was a natural gas unit and had been connected to a propane line without the proper conversion kit. This allowed fatal levels of CO to escape the system, and resulted in the death of the home owner.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *